Being Interviewed

The other day I spent a half-hour on the phone with a researcher from a firm (no names) asking me questions about a graduate program in communication at a famous, large Midwestern university.  My son had given them my name because the interview was about parents' perceptions of the new program, but I told her I was a professor of communication and that kind of altered the course of it.  She asked me some really interesting questions and I was very candid and I hope helpful.

However, (as we say in the South, bless her heart), everything I said was brilliant.  What I mean is that she responded to everything I said with affirmations of how interesting and important they were, and at first I was pleased with myself, but I caught on after a while.  I am not that brilliant.  But she was doing her job well, because she got me talking.

A little affirmation goes a long way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?