North Korea: What took the UN and media so long?

While this is an incredibly serious subject, I can't help being just the least snarky about this post.  Finally, finally, the UN has finally acknowledged what the Christian world has known and said for twenty or more years--the unnameable atrocities committed by the ruling family of North Korea.

http://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/HRC/CoIDPRK/Pages/ReportoftheCommissionofInquiryDPRK.aspx

Shame on the UN and media for taking so long to report this and doing nothing about it.  Bravo that they finally did.  Now, what do we do about it?

Several years ago I decided to pray daily (which I have often failed to do, but the goal still stands) for the "persecuted church," which is a code name for oppression of Christians in North Korea (the worst), Middle Eastern countries, South Asian countries, parts of Europe and Africa--well, I could go on.  I would encourage, call, admonish all to do so.  I only wish I had more wisdom about what to do practically.  I wrote a book about it.  Big whoop.  Awareness is the start, I am told.  We cannot afford to be ignorant--or gullible.

The same could be said about our total ignorance of the situation in Iraq.  That is what my book is about.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?