Reflections on Lent, #1

Yesterday was the first day of Lent.  My original plan was to post a reflection every day.  I am of course behind, as usual.  But if I do this for personal reasons, so be it.  I hope it is meaningful to others, and not just the spammers.

The first question is always 'What are you going to give up for Lent?' Nothing.  That's missing the point.  Lent is about repentance, not dieting; about looking toward redemption weekend, as you might call it, not self-discipline.  It's not about talking about what we give up either.

We should give up our self-sufficiency and self-focused.  We should give up prayerlessness.  We should give up apathy.

Lent is about a daily walk.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?