Reflections on Lent, March 24, 2014

Quote from Eugene Peterson.  "And yet every day I decide to set aside what I can do best and attempt what I do clumsily--open myself to the frustrations and failures of loving, daring to believe that failing in love is better than succeeding in pride."

I am one of those people whose attempts to love are, or at least feel, often clumsy and awkward.  I don't know why.  Maybe it's the words, maybe I don't hug well.  I will take it as one of those things that just won't be perfect on this side of the divide between earthly life and eternity.   Even clumsy attempts are more heartening than depending on what I do well, those things that stoke my pride. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?