Reflections on Lent, April 1, 2014 (and April Fools)

So I long into Facebook for notifications and messages (not to look at posts, which are mostly reposted articles and pictures of babies and vacations) and see the joke for April Fool's--all about How I Met Your Mother, a show I have never understood.  Ha, ha, now get off my page.

Anyway, this morning I was thinking about John (reading I John) and Judas.  John mentions in his gospel that Judas was a liar and thief who was pilfering money from the disciples without their knowing it.  Judas may be someone to feel sorry for in the eyes of some, but I don't think that was the intention.  I doubt his fellow disciples felt much pity for him, although they probably forgave him at some level.  He betrayed them as much as Christ.

It speaks to accountability in a group.  I John 1:1-4:  I write this that your joy may be full.  We really saw a real, human, physical person who was also God, and we're here to tell you so that your (or our, depending on the ms) can be full.  Full of joy.  What a way to start April Fools'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?