Reflections on Lent, April 3, 2014

Since the end of the semester is nigh, I, like many others, have massive projects due.  One is a revision of the second phase of my dissertation.  I am defending it May 7, so it's a large burden.

I am able to work unimpeded in my office today--unless I let myself be distracted.

Now, I might also be interrupted by students or a colleague, but that is not the same as distraction.  I fear we confuse the two.  A distraction is a temptation to not stay focused on what is important.  An interruption, to paraphrase C.S. Lewis, is providential and probably more about what God wants in our lives than what we have planned. 

So I pray for no distractions and hope to rise to the challenge of the interruptions. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?