Reflections on Lent, April 4, 2014

Back in the day (what a cliche) we used to celebrate our spiritual birthdays.  On April 4, 1971, 43 (yikes) years ago, I began my identity and my walk as a Christian.  If I knew then what I knew now!  But I wouldn't have been me.  It was the defining moment of my life, of course.

I heard a radio program today where the speaker, also a blogger, said she was writing every day during Lent about confession, confessing her sins.  Wow.  I don't want to be that personal.  However, I do find myself, in times of frustration, that I have a saucy tongue.  The speakers were also talking about doubt.  Most of us feel (since I'm reflecting on my Christian life) that we will reach a stage in life when we won't doubt any more, but that was not the experiences of these speakers.  It's not mine either; in fact, the doubt has become more a part of my life but 1. I have the ability to mentally deal with the doubts; I have more knowledge, self, biblical, and otherwise, and 2.  I am more honest now, but I rarely talk about them with others.  I think we should talk about these things much more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?