Rest

Isn't it interesting that God designed the human body to need to sleep about one third of its life? 

I mentioned this to my husband and he said, "And we are supposed to take a Sabbath rest."  So that adds more time to the rest.

God knew we would work all the time if we could, because of pride and greed.  Even the earth (farmland) was supposed to take Sabbaths, and by extension the animals.  It is an issue of proper ordering of life. 

I am thoughtful about this because my brother is visiting and I slept in my own bed last night, at home, after three weeks gone.  It was nice, but my nerves and concern are with my mother, knowing she has gotten dependent on me.  I think sometimes, I'll rest when all of this is over, but that is not going to sustain me and is prideful.  I tend not to let others take up the burden, which is prideful (even something as stupid as taking the trash to the dump, my husband's job).  Hence, a need for Sabbath, even if it is not necessarily on the weekend. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?