Just wondering



I wonder a lot about evangelicalism.  The excesses of it make my head spin.  This summer my SS class is listening to tapes of well known women speakers.  It amazes me how they talk about their families.  Might their children and husbands want a little privacy?  One was especially shocking about how she talked about her family.  This woman has a high profile “ministry” and I believe she has impacted many people for good.  I can only say that God uses us in spite of our flaws, not because of our gifts.  Perhaps I am too analytical and look for flaws, but my training is to look at all sides of something, not just the surface.

I am often shocked by evangelical gullibility, how small our world is, and narcissism.  There is so much evil in the world, so much persecution against our brothers.  Do the average Christians in the US even know about these things? 

These are rants.  I don’t know what good it does to talk about these things here.  Thank God for quiet, faithful nursery workers and Sunday School teachers and sound engineers and musicians and custodians who don’t have to be in the public eye, who don’t crave that.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?