Observations on the last day of August, last day of "summer"

I know that the official last day of summer, the autumnal equinox, is September 21, but we all feel like it is Labor Day, which is as early as it can get this year.  So I offer these . . .

Why do these news outlets think we care about Joan Rivers' medical condition? 

What do you do about a "friend" on Facebook who posts one week that our redemption draws nigh because of the situation in the middle east and this week that she is thankful for margaritas and for not being a redneck?  You confront personally, not there.

Dealing with someone estate is far more work than people think.

As mentioned elsewhere, I wrote a play that is going to be produced at my college.  I am excited about that.  I attended auditions this week, which was fun, but after a meeting to do a read through, I will leave all to the director because (a) I'm getting nothing out of this deal and (b) it's her job and she does it quite well without me, thank you very much.  But she chose it with a committee and someone has given me back comments and edits and suggestions.  I want to be humble (can you want to be humble?) and open-minded and will spend the afternoon making some of them, but . . .. I also want to say, "If you don't like my play, go write your own."  Critics have their place, but so few who are critics are creators.

Our pastor spoke on homosexuality this morning.  I think he did a good job on a hard topic.  That's all I'll say about that.

We listened to a Beth Moore tape this morning in Sunday School (which is not called that anymore).  She was silly and her hair was a distraction.  However, I read her take on James 3:1-3 and it was brilliant; I wish I could post it here but of course can't.

Another Facebook friend posted a tape of Joel Osteen's wife saying that God wants us to be happy and it's all about us and it was taken down.  I wrote that it was scarier that all those people in the audience sat there and ate it up.  Gullibility reigns in the Christian church.

My main comment of the day is our absolute apathy and ignorance about the Christians in Iraq and Syria.  We should be on our knees every day for them.  God help us.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?