In a time of universal deceit

Last week I posted on Facebook, "Why does my mind keep going back to the George Orwell quotation, 'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'?"

I got several likes (the whole LIKE phenomenon amazes me.  People will hit LIKE when a person reports a death in the family!) but I don't think people knew why they liked it.  They may have projected onto it their own frusration about something currently going on.

On the other hand, I might have been being oblique an pretentious.  What I wanted to say is I am sick of media and the complicit government (or probably the government and complicit media) hiding the truth from us about ISIS, about the effects of sexual promiscuity (in any form), about immigration, and about disease epidemics.  There. 

I am also tired of the church being all about us and not about God.  We can say it is all about God, but our actions say otherwise, as does our rhetoric.  We sit in Bible studies but don't pray.  I have long wanted to have a Sunday School class called "the prayer class" where that was all that happened.  I wonder if anyone would come.  I wonder how many American Christians pray daily or regularly for the people in ISIS' path, and for the Africans near Ebola victims. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?