Addendum to earlier post about social media and power

A colleague and I were talking yesterday about the young woman who ended her life, through PAS, over the weekend.  He said that the term "Death with Dignity" is offensive and wrong, because it says that the only way a person can die with dignity is if they use PAS.  Think about it.  Having just lost my mother and having taken care of her, with hospice care, in those last days, my mother did not die without dignity.  She died with help to her bodily needs, and that is not the same thing.

Hospice is a fabulous service and I hope to work with them someday.  That doesn't mean all hospice organizations are created equal, of course, but in general they do help people die with dignity in the right way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?