Saturday, November 29, 2014

Advent Advancing

I try to post during Advent, which starts tomorrow.  Right now, I have no inspiration; perhaps prophetic scriptures?  I thought about writing about Christmas movies, but I don't think I have enough and most of them have nothing to do with Advent!  I mean, ELF?  Bad Santa? 

Yes, a scriptural approach sounds best.  So let us start with Isaiah 9:6:'

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 

No comments:

Advent 2017, Post #11, Ancient and Traditional Christmas Songs

A Welsh carol from the 1700s.   Sleep my child and peace attend thee, All through the night Guardian angels God will send thee, All throug...