Advent Thought #15, December 14

My house is decorated for Christmas.  Some would look and say it is a pitiful attempt--one tree, for instance, and not exterior lights--but it is a comfortable home and looks festive and that's all I care about.

Controlling one's stress at Christmas can be as hard as giving in to the stress. 

Except perhaps for children, we should all forgo presents and give the money either to a true charity or just sock it away and stay out of debt.

However . . . I bought three pretty ornaments yesterday!  Preacher, follow thyself!

Now to advent thought:  Isaiah 9:6 - And his name should be called Wonderful Counsellor . . .

Source of wisdom, source of consolation and comfort.

I can't think about those words without hearing the beat of Handel's music.  Wonderful! (deedeedeedeedeedeedee)  Counsellor! (deedeedeedeedeedeedee). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?