Advent Thought #3, December 1

Happy December.  November is a dreary month, for some reason, so I am happy to see December.  And for some reason, I am in the Christmas spirit this year, early, which is unusual for me.  Perhaps it is in memory of my mother, who loved Christmas and as readers know died on July 29 of this year.

Isaiah 7:14 states. 

 Therefore the Lord himself will give you[a] a sign: The virgin[b] will conceive and give birth to a son, and[c] will call him Immanuel.

The virgin birth is probably just plain weird to nonbelievers, but it has deep significance to believers and fits logically in the Christian doctrine. The two New Testament accounts of Christ's birth make it very clear this belief/teaching/doctrine is not a throwaway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?