Facebook Fast

I posted for the last time on Facebook today.  At least, for a long, long time.  I've had it. 

I've had it with wasting my time on it. There is a lot more to life than a computer screen (she says on a blog!)

I'm tired with it being half advertising.

I've had it with people's posts about things they don't know what they are talking about (as in, Ferguson, MO).

I've had it with their fluid and suspect privacy policies.  I am seeing a lot of posts that I shouldn't be seeing because I am not savvy enough about how the algorithm really works--so what else do I not understand and how else am I being take advantage of?

I've had it with my own egocentrism that makes me feel like I need to post random details of my life.

I need to write a dissertation, clean my house, prepare classes, enjoy God's creation, celebrate Advent, read books that matter, and encourage friends.  Those are things I NEED to do.  I fell prey to thinking I needed to see the world through walls and updates and shares and likes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?