Grief at Christmas

This says it better than I can.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2014/december-web-only/kay-warren-stop-sending-cheery-christmas-cards.html

I check my mom's mail and she got a Christmas card yesterday.  I thought I had written everyone a note, but I guess not.  I will have to send responses to some of these. 

As Ms. Warren points out, grief is different for everyone, although there are similarities.  I miss my mother but not because I miss the experience of having a mother.  Not to judge, but some people grieve because of the loss of a role in their lives.  I miss the person, not the role. Especially now, because she liked to decorate her house so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?