Another Foggy Sunday Afternoon

I just got back last night from a three-day trip to a professional conference. This one is near and dear to my heart--the Georgia Communication Association.  I am the president until February 2016.  It is a great group.

I realize what remember means.  Time dis-members; we re-member.  We bring back together what time has disintegrated.  I like that metaphor. 

I also thought of a great title.  "The Other Part of We."  Gotta use that sometime.

I often write for every day of Lent, but am taking a different approach this year.  Jesus was pretty clear in the Sermon on the Mount that talking about what you give up (fasting) is not acceptable.  And the human heart grabs quickly to the self-aggrandizement of self-denial.  Lent is about looking forward to something for 40 days.  Lent is about the community, not about me, anyway. 

We are entering the crazy time of the academic year--everyone trying in the next eight weeks to get done what should have already been taken care of to some extent, or otherwise trying to wrap things up.  I am deeply overwhelmed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?