Update

Our unit's secretary said yesterday, "I'm wishing my life away."  That is an interesting phrase (must be a Southernism).  I have been doing that lately in terms of my getting through this doctorate.  No more.  I have eight weeks to graduation and I plan to enjoy them, since I won't see these folks again.

My committee has my dissertation and I am planning the defense, but I have two conference presentations before that, a paper due, and oh, yes, classes to teach and work to do.  And today, making this house semi livable again.

Carpe Diem, seize the day, is not a totally pagan concept.  I live in the future so much (planning) that it is a consummate work of the will to love this minute.  I have also been experiencing depression, odd for me, so that's a concern.

The commercial on TV just said, "Is this the year you plan to spend more quality time with your dogs?"  Oh.  My.  Word.  Quality time with your dog?  But here they are.  They do give us joy but it is totally a social construct kind of joy (perceived by us).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?