A Little Lebowski Goes a Long Way

My son talked me into watching The Big Lebowski last night because it was on Netflix.  That is two hours of my life I will never get back.  What a waste of time.  I didn't laugh once and felt assaulted by the bad language and just general stupidity of it.

Yet, because it is a Coen movie, I gave it the benefit of the doubt that there was more there than my first viewing.  However, I won't be giving it a second one.  I don't have the time.  There were no normal people in the film except the waitress in the diner and the Mexican nurse.

On the positive side, it seemed to be a remake of The Big Sleep if Humphrey Bogart were a stoner.  There are a lot of parallels in the plot, mainly its convolutedness.  As someone wrote on the IMDB reviews, there's a reason it's a cult classic--what kind of people are in cults, anyway?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?