From Breakpoint.org--response to Pew Research

Since I left home at 7:05 this morning, I was able to hear two excellent programs on the radio:  I am posting each link in separate updates.

http://www.breakpoint.org/bpcommentaries/entry/13/27441?spMailingID=11480392&spUserID=OTQ0MjIyMjM4S0&spJobID=541752594&spReportId=NTQxNzUyNTk0S0

This one I agree with wholeheartedly.  Christians are still the "majority" (as if we had a right to being the majority) but in the coming years we will have to get real about our faith, our theology, and our practice.  Russell Moore is quoted here as this research meaning that the chaff is being blown away (not his words, but his ideas) and people are more honest about their beliefs.

I think the real emphasis here is the loss of community and the "Bowling Alone" meme (I have read that book and it is fascinating, though very long and detailed).  Do we have to lose our individuality to have community, and vice versa?  That is a vital question.  How can we preserve both, and yet not be extreme in either?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?