Harper Lee's New Novel--Read First Chapter

http://www.wsj.com/articles/harper-lees-go-set-a-watchman-read-the-first-chapter-1436500861

Here it is.  Worth the read if for no other reason that it might save you paying the $25.00 the first edition hardbound might cost.  It's really hard to follow up TKAM.  Right now, I think it lacks that charm that made you want to keep reading TKAM.  I don't care about these people, yet.  And there is one sentence that will blow you away and upset you, and it comes out of nowhere.

I have heard the book was not really edited.  That is believable.  It reads like a young person's first attempt at a novel.  Man, I don't mean to be so critical.  I'm just going to wait before I get around to reading it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?