In Portland, Oregon for a conference for college administrators (will leave it at that.)  Quite an investment from my college to send me to this, so I will soak it all in.

I took a walk around the city tonight, going to Powell's books.  It is a more organized version of a used book store we have in Chattanooga that is well known. 

This city is green (in the plant and ecological sense), pretty, well laid out, pedestrian friendly.  But there are a lot of young people here who look, well, lost in several senses.  Hipsters, too, as my son would say.  I can see why some people would want to move here, espeically since it was 73 today when it was probably 93 in Ringgold, GA!  It was nice to see a Christian youth group in the park (saw Bibles). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?