Thought for October 25

I am traveling today to a conference, and it will be combined with seeing family.  Enough said on this point.  But on the short flight to where I have a layover, I sat in front of a quintessential Southern woman.  I say that ironically, because there is no such thing, but she was loud, brassy, cursed a bit, and got along great with her seatmates.  I know she annoyed the other passengers on the packed-in flight, but other than the constant use of God's "name in vain," I found her amusing.  I learned all about her life, her boyfriend, her ex-husband, her job, her trip, her child.  So did the rest of the flight, I think.  She was sort of like Paula Deen in looks, voice, and personality (which shows I am not a fan).

It occurred to me that God never called anyone to be a curmudgeon, which is easy to be at times.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?