Advent 2015


I have developed the practice over the last few years of posting daily to this blog during Advent. Christmas and I have a love-hate relationship.   I love its spiritual meaning  but struggle with the stresses of finishing up the semester and a sense of darkness around that underlies all the glitz.  Shopping gives me a palpable emotion of hopelessness, that we are trying to fill a void with holiday trappings but the void gets bigger the more we try and with every passing year.  I realize some of that is the lack of sunshine and childhood memories and the materialism. 

So I realized a while back that the only way to combat this semi-despair is to celebrate Advent rather than Christmas.  So I will start that Sunday, and hope you will join me and share these and post to your blogs, feeds, etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?