August: Osage County

One of the great things about NetFlix is that you can see some cool stuff.  One of the not-so-great things is that you can see some not so cool stuff.

I haven't totally decided if the movie in the title of this post is in the first group or the second, although I pretty much lean to the second.  The "that's two hours of my life I'll never get back" remark is the first to come to my mind.  The second is, "Why would you make a movie like that and expect people to pay good money to watch a dysfunctional family being hateful to each other?"  The third is, "What was the point of that?  To make you feel good about your own dysfunctional family?"  It was pretty tragic along with being vile and depressing.  I would say the acting was good but I wonder if that's because there were big stars in it and we are supposed to think their acting is good or if it really was.

However, all that said--it sticks with you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?