Advent 2015 December 10


Quote from Wayne Muller:  We need so little to feel loved; all we need to do is begin to notice the multitude of tiny gifts and small miracles that punctuate each day we are alive. 

Some sociological research into Facebook shows that people who spend more time on it are more depressed because they look at the happy pictures of their “friends” and compare their own lives and think, “I am not so happy.”  I have been guilty of it myself.  I do not post much (since I blog and don’t want to be posting what I had for lunch or selfies) but I look at others and wonder why I don’t have this or that or the others. 

Muller is perfectly right, and this Advent season is the perfect time to live by his admonition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?