Advent 2015 December 15

A few months ago I decided to sponsor a child through Compassion International.  It is a minimal amount of money and there is strong research to support that it is just about the best way to help lift children from poverty.  See this article

My child is a seven-year old girl in Rwanda.  To protect her, I won't give a name.  I try to write her every three weeks or so.  I am not the most attentive, but letters are very slow and I have only gotten one from her so far.  She's cute. 

On a related note, 11 million gift boxes went out through Samaritan's Purse.  My son sent one, one that sounded pretty chock full. 

In all the rhetoric about Christmas being so materialistic, there is really only one answer:  Stop buying so much for yourselves and be a better steward of resources entrusted to you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?