Advent 2015 December 18

I am a little late on this today. 

Like most of my generation, I watched A Charlie Brown Christmas many times in my younger years (although not so much lately.  TV is not something I have time for.)  I heard a radio commentator saying yesterday that they kids are actually very mean in that show; as I recall, they pretty much bully Charlie Brown.  What most of us remember are two things:  the Christmas tree and that Linus recites a portion of Luke 2 towards the end.

What is significant is that the Scripture recitation changes everything--the children's attitudes, and thus the tree, and their celebration.  So, let's keep that in mind--the power of the truth of Christmas.  See next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?