Advent 2015 December 19

I will refer readers to this article in Christianity Today from December 18.

Errors in Christmas Sermons

I can appreciate this article and its emphasis on the truth, but a part of me wants to say, "Lighten up."  (a really small part, but . . . ).  It's like one thing I saw one Facebook decrying songs, "Mary did know." (in reference to the song "Mary Did You Know?")  Well, actually, Mary didn't know everything that would happen.  That's why she pondered.  It seems that some people go out of their way to find fault.

There is sometimes a fine line between meaningful emotional connection and sentimentality.  Forgive us a little sentimentality at Christmas.  Some of us need it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?