The past, present, and future--Update for January 9

Going back to work after a two-week break has been a challenge, not the least of which is listening to everyone else whine about it.  After a nine-hour stint in the office, spending most of the time putting out fires, answering emails, and processing minutiae, I came home to a dog walk, dinner, and semi-mindless TV-watching five nights in a row.  Perhaps now I can get on track, although I am flying to a conference in Miami this week. (As one of my students said, "That sucks for you.")

As it is, I have several writing projects I want to pursue and that means a hiatus from the blog, with the hope that when I come back I will have lots to post of value because that is one of the things I am working on--a series on spirituality and one on Dietrich Bonhoeffer.  I also have several book ideas that are incubating, and a play to submit to a contest, and my job gives me no time during the week to pursue these.  Plus a house in need of repairs!

I will say that we watched the last season of Foyle's War, a great show, this week on Netflix.  If you have not watched this, it is one of the most worthy things on Netflix to watch.  Iy also thought it was funny that the only three shows I watch all have Julian Ovenden in them!

As I have mentioned before, I have five novels available and lots of past blog posts. Sorry for the self-promotion.  A friend who works in Hollywood actually pitched two of my stories to some investors this week--it was rather sudden, but I massively appreciated it.

I will say I have noticed some memory issues in the last few weeks and it is probably due not as much to age as an over-filled brain and limited reflection time, so I will take William Wordsworth's advice on poetry, "Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origin from emotion recollected in tranquility."  I am not a poet but it applies to all kinds of writing, which must be based on reflection. 

Be well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?