Do We Own Dogs or Do They Own Us?

Dogs apparently begin to think they have rights to expect and get certain human behavior.

Last night was lovely so I decided to sit on the front porch and read (actually surf the Internet, but I was reading things).  I had walked Nala and we had eaten dinner.  All good.  But she was inside and kept barking and growling, low, at something outside, even though nothing was there.

My husband came to the front door.  "What does she keep growling at?"

Me:  "I don't know. There's no one out here."  Idea.  "Maybe she's growling at me being out here."

I came inside.  The growling and barking stopped.  She wanted me to go to my room and read or watch TV so she could sit with me by the bed.  She was quite happy when I did.

This is like the time she wanted water and carried the bowl in her mouth to the room I was in and set it down.  Or the time we were walking in the Chickamauga Battlefield and I got turned around as to where the car was parked.  I started going one way and she wouldn't go.  I let her lead and we went the opposite direction and were soon at the car.  HUMMMMM. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?