Death and Life


What is the point of life when its destination is death? From a review of Diary of a Country Priest by Roger Ebert. (Very interesting French movie but not one to watch with popcorn)
My message to the world is, “Let’s swing, sing, shout, make noise.  Let’s not mimic death before our time comes!”  Mel Brooks
Let us eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die. The farmer in Jesus’ parable
There are two types of atheists.  Those who act as if they will not answer to God, and those who act as they think God should.  (Richard Wurmbrand).
Rev. Wurmbrand is another of my heroes.  He is gone now.  I heard him speak twice when I was young (college age).  He gave an invitation in which he said, "In the U.S. the preachers always say 'Every head bowed, every eye closed, no one looking around.'  I say, every head up, everybody looking--stand up for Christ!"  He had earned the right to do that.  Years later when the wall fell, Romania saw revival, and I am sure he was part of it.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?