A couple of pet peeves

I know these songs are traditional, but they really aren't biblical.  "There is a fountain filled with blood drawn from Immanuels' veins."  What an odd, grotesque song, like "I am washed in the blood."  The reference is to Revelation 1:5, but I think closer study would free us from these songs.  Blood stands for violent death.  The blood is not magical. Please.

Gullibility.  I don't know if this is true, but my Christian friends seem to be the first to share conspiratorial Facebook posts as long as they make Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton look bad.  Those two don't really need false conspiratorial posts to look bad to a lot of people.

Speaking of which, polls have HRC's support at about 40-42%.  Not exactly rousing victory, but her husband didn't have anything near a majority either.

I'll add a couple more:  smoke in worship services.  Unresearched sermon illustrations.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?