Writing Life, Part 37

Sometimes I come across something that just plain resonates and makes me wish I wrote it.  Here it is.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/women/2016/september/save-your-soul-stop-writing.html?start=1

The title of this blog is meant to be funny, because I have posts on the writing life frequently.  As compelled as I am to write, the world really doesn't need most of what I write.  I hope some of it finds an audience and blesses, edifies, educates, entertains someone, and blogging does allow that.  At the same time, there is a great danger in blogging, in thinking that my words need public attention just because the technology allows it and I'm glib and educated. I especially am uncomfortable with all this self-revelation. To reveal much about myself is to reveal too much about those around me, in my circle, who deserve privacy.

I will still continue my reflections on Matthew and occasional reflections and will devote my energy to writing that requires more thought than a flighty blog post that aggrandizes me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?