Fresh Studies in Matthew: Matthew 5:13

I come to the “salt” verse.  I have heard so many takes on this that I don’t know who is right, but I think Jesus defines it.  Whether our salt is to preserve, improve, or transform society, we have to retain our saltiness.  Apparently salt can lose its savor over time.  We must be different in order to transform or help, and that is the plea to us today:  Christians must be different.  We are no good if we are not different and if we are not out there in the world being different in a good way, because saltless food is generally not very edible.  There are many examples in the Bible of ways we are different in a good way:  the fruit of the Spirit, the ways of the Beatitudes, the love of I Corinthians, the armor of Ephesians 6.   How am I different for the glory of God, not for myself?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?