Trump is President

Just a few observations.  I am not happy he is president; I still think it's about the weirdest American political thing I've ever seen in my many, many years. But he is, legally.   I am not in despair about it, although there is no sense of satisfaction, since I didn't vote for him and spent the last year blogging and speaking against him when there was a chance.  So my conscience is clear; to quote "Sweet Home Alabama," my conscience doesn't bother me, does yours?

The left is a bunch of sore losers.  Bill Clinton only had 43% of the vote, but won electoral.  That's the way the system works.  If Hillary had won the electoral and not the popular vote, we wouldn't be hearing these arguments.  These folks are living up to the special snowflake insult. 

I have a feeling that a lot of of those protesters were paid to do that yesterday.  Not so much those today, the women, but it's interesting that those feminists did not want the Feminist for Life to participate with them.   So this proves what I have always believed:  the foundational issue between the left and right is abortion.  Not poverty, not racism, but a woman's "right" to terminate her pregnancy at any time.  Those who truly want to help the poor or hide behind that as their reason for being on the left have to live with the cognitive dissonance that their peers have one concern:  there aren't enough abortions.

That said, a truly prolife person is concerned about racism and the poor, but looks for constructive ways to deal with these issues rather than throwing tax money at them or just looking for racism when none is there.  I see a lot of beam vs. speck in the talk about racism. 

I made the mistake of putting an observation on Facebook that vandalism is not legitimate protest.  My liberal friends got into arguments with my conservative friends, and I use "friends" in the Facebook sense, not the real sense.  I should have known better.  Never again.

I don't think a lot of the people who are so worried have that much to worry about; certain immigrant groups are the only ones I feel empathy for.

But none of this should be taken as a defense of Trump.  You will never hear that from me.  He hasn't earned a defense and has a huge credibility deficit to fill before I can say much good about him.  I am just not going to criticize things that are minor and be the person who cried wolf.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?