Tuesday, February 28, 2017
What I did Wrong as a Parent
This is a hard question, made all the more difficult because I can’t do anything about it other than admit it to my son and profess it on this blog so maybe someone else won’t do the same.
1. I worried far too much what other people would think of my parenting skills and my child. That’s my biggest.
2. I didn’t serve with him enough in ministry; we served separately.
3. I sometimes put work ahead of him.
4. I let him watch too much TV.
5. Lost my temper at him too much.
6. I didn’t emphasize relationships with missionaries enough.
1. We all went to church and didn’t talk bad about people.
2. We went to historical places for trips and only once to DisneyPlace.
3. Made sure he knew his larger family.
4. He spent lots of time with his dad.
5. We had family devotions every morning for seven years of high school.
6. He knew he was expected to be a responsible adult at 18.
7. I didn’t do his homework.
I guess if you can point to more good than bad, you’re ok.
This is a continuation of articles below on speaking for webinars, etc. Experts give a few other preparation tips...
I went to my cardiologist yesterday. Every year I have to wear a Holter monitor for a day because o...
If you have come to this site on my blog because it was referenced in a "free essay" site or something alone that line, I have...
How's that for a title? Thought it might get some hits. However, this post is dead serious. Last night I taught, for the first time, ...