TCM MOOCs

For the past three summers TCM has offered Massive Open Online courses for viewers, free.  Two years ago was film noir, which I took and enjoyed immensely.  Last year I skipped the one on slapstick comedy because I despise slapstick.  This summer's theme is 50 Years of Hitchcock.  It is well done, although not as interesting to me as the film noir since it's only about one director, and Hitchcock made some great films but he is not my favorite (his world view is dark and he strikes me as creepy). I also don't see what was so great about his putting himself in his movies.  That ruins the whole illusion of the film for me and I don't see it as clever.

However, the courses are well put together and very informative.  Kudos to TCM.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?