Is the World Going Crazy?

When we come to the point that a librarian refusing Dr. Seuss books from the First Lady because they are "racist," I don't know what to think.  (By the way, the revered Michelle Obama read them to children, so there.)

Theodore Geissel was one of my heroes.  He wrote his books about racism and intolerant attitudes.  He once said about children's abuse and poverty, "We can do better."  That is one of my life mottoes.  We can do better about those issues.

As one tweeter said, it was a short trip from Robert E. Lee to Dr. Seuss.

I am going to come right out and say racism is not the problem.  It is a symptom, a bad symptom, but not the root. The root is much deeper.  Don't preach at me about racism, tell me to repent about the things in my life that cause racism.  Pride, mainly, and superiority based on, well, what?  Melanin in my skin, or lack thereof?  Indifference.  Fear of difference.  Not trusting the Heavenly Father.  Not taking enough time to know someone for who they totally are.

Our awful president has ginned this anthem/flag thing up and the left has fallen for it.  Yes, there's hypocrisy on both sides, so let's just stop.  Just stop.  Not standing for the anthem has not saved one kid's life in inner city Chicago.  Calling the football players who believed they should kneel or whatever mean names and saying they should be fired has not made any veterans' lives better.

I am a free speech advocate so I can't criticize the football players and be consistent, but being a free expression advocate does not mean one agrees with others' displays of free expression.  

But don't start messing with Dr. Seuss. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?