One Year Later

A year ago tonight I stayed up to watch the train wreck  It was fascinating and conflicting to say the least.  I had railed against Trump as the representative of the party I thought I sort of belonged to (I'm enlightened now), I was appalled by his behavior, and I was mortified that Christians fell for him and put aside the belief that a leader should be moral.  Millions of so-called evangelicals who wouldn't vote for Mitt Romney because he was a Mormon decided to vote for a con man and sexual harasser (and much worse).

But. . .

Hillary lost, and I was so mesmerized by this turn of events from what we had been told was inevitable that I just couldn't help it.  I think I finally went to bed at 3:00, making for a problematic day at work, since I was tired but keyed up and everyone was in despair, which I actually thought was a little funny.  I still do, although I put a sign on my door that said, "I did not vote for Trump.  Don't assume," which others thought strange.  All these people who thought he would push the nuclear button codes on January 21 were wrong.  Nothing horrible has happened yet, except that hysterical Democrats have gone even crazier.  Yes, there have been terrible things this year--Houston, fires in California, Puerto Rico, two horrible shootings--but those have nothing to do with Trump and actually he has done better than I would ever have expected. 

But  . . .

I still am appalled by him as a person and depressed about conservatism's future and want to throw things at Congress and can't believe how crazy the resistance is.  What are they resisting?  It seems like half the country are 14-year-old girls throw a temper tantrum at their mothers because they didn't get their way.  And as Trump tweets, SAD!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?