Stranger Things Too

Interesting how the English language has this play on words, 2 and too.  So that explains my title.

I finished watching the second season tonight.  It took me a week; I can't binge watch (well, more than 3 episodes).  I liked it; I'm not going to freak over it.  I confess to not understanding all of it, and getting my son to explain it. I even succumbed to reading a fan site or two about it.  Fans have theories.  Well, I say just watch the show and let the creators do what they do.  Fans think they know more about film making than the film makers nowadays.

The best part was seeing Sean Astin.  The worst part was Sean Astin.  Samwise deserved better. His whole character comes off like a plot device rather than a person, which normally the show does well.

The second best part is that Hopper is getting to be healed from his grief. Equally good to see a conflicted but strong manly man character in a show.

The third best part is Steve as leader (not babysitter). Very smart writing to have Steve turn good and not just to pine for his old girlfriend.

Fourth best part was Billy getting beat up by his dad.  Man, I hated that character.
 
Second worst part (and cliched) was teenagers having sex because some old coot put them up to it.

Third worst part was the scene between Mrs. Wheeler and that scumbag Billy.  That was just gross.

Fourth worst part was the slime and blood.

Fifth was the language.  Everything but the f- and c- word.  No need to blaspheme God, people.   

One funny part was Max telling Lucas, after he tells her the whole story of Season 1, "It's kind of derivative." Funny because she is mocking the critics. 

Episode 7 didn't bother me like it did the others.  I think it did have a point--Eleven deciding what she really wanted. But it's sci-fi, so you have to buy some of it anyway.  It was a little bit of an X-men rip-off, and I am hardly the expert on that stuff.

The monsters were scary.  The music from the '80s was cool (especially in the last episode).  The theme of friendship endured.

Now I can get on with my life and my own writing.       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?