What I learned from Casablanca

My husband and I saw Casablanca on the big screen Sunday night.  What I learned:

1.  Only in movie land would a woman like Ingrid Bergman prefer to go with Humphrey Bogart rather than Paul Henreid.  What was the appeal of Bogart in comparison?

2.  The only thing that has really aged in the movie is that she calls Dooley Wilson "that boy at the piano."  What were they thinking?

3.  It pays to see the whole movie.  I had never watched it from beginning to end without getting up for the backroom or being distracted.  I saw how brilliant it is and how tight the story (even with #1).

4.  The French can outsing Germans.

5. I think Claude Rains steals the show when he's on screen.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?