A Delightful Interview about Community and Purpose

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2018/january-web-only/place-freed-slaves-made.html

This is an interview with Eric Motley.  I deeply appreciate his words about community.

He speaks of a woman who " pulled me aside and said, 'Motley, God has something he wants you to do. I don’t know entirely what it is, but I know he has something he wants you to do—and your job is to figure it out.'”

I have heard Denzel Washington say he had the same experience as a young man. 

It struck me that every teacher should say that to every student.  I know a student I should say that to the next time I see him.  He might not get it--he's rather a pill--but he needs to hear it from someone.  We all need to hear it.

Mark Twain said that the two most important days of your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

The article is good for other reasons, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?