50th anniversary

I was 12 when Dr. ML King was assassinated.  I remember the aftermath because of the rioting in the city in whose suburbs I lived.  That, at the time, was most of what I knew about such things. 

There is a famous photo of Dr. King's associates pointing to the top of the opposite side of the building where James Earl Ray's shots came from. 

My husband remarked last night that this was not what most people would do.  They would be running and hiding from any bullets flying their direction.  I surely would.

Which tells me how fearless these men were.  And hadn't they already shown their fearlessness in prior marches, demonstrations, police brutality, jailings? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?