American Innovations Podcast

For the last year I have become fascinated with podcasts, which I listen to in the car and when walking the pitbull.  (I walk at the local high school mostly, and call myself "the crazy pitbull lady.")

Along with various conservative commentators (Jonah Goldberg, Ben Shapiro and his crew, Eric Erickson) I listen to Tim Keller, Beeson Divinity School, This American Life (see related post) and Radio Lab (these latter two are NPRish programs).

I listened to the whole S-Town program (well done, didn't like it, way depressing) by This American Life.  I listened to the whole Another Kingdom by Andrew Klavan (very good, despite the overdrawn George Soros character and the bad language). 

I've been referred to this podcast, American Innovations.  Quite, quite good.  This iteration is about the development of DNA.  It added to my knowledge base, although my new understanding of genetics is not enough to move the needle, as the cliche goes.  I found it interesting that Frances Collins' conversion to Christianity is portrayed, along with the evils of eugenics. 

I recommend. 

My goal is to develop a podcasting program in my department.  Not sure how, but it will happen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?