Thirty Days of Fasting, Thirty Days of Prayer

We are in the middle of Ramadan.  Well, we aren't. Our Muslim friends are. 

Since the English as Second Language program at our church mostly involves Muslims, we do not have class during Ramadan, so I'm off for five weeks.  Last week we had a celebration luncheon and heard from a young woman, a Muslim convert, on her testimony.  It was magnificent.  She has been brought through so much and is a truly grace-infused person. 

I have heard converts from Islam say how much their world and perceptions changed after conversion.  One even said she saw color for the first time.  One missionary to Muslims said that most would convert if it weren't for the ostracism, isolation, and persecution they would experience.  

The thirty days of fasting by Muslims should be our cue to thirty days of intense prayer for them.

My students are lovely people.  I am glad they are here in the U.S. and I do not fear them; I do want them to know God's love in Christ, and am not afraid to put that here.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?