I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up Three Times

Walking my dog.  The dog is very thirsty and it's pretty hot, so I decide to take her down by a creek near the high school property where I walk her.  I forget it rained a lot and the bank is slippery.  As she happily enters the water to cool off and drink, I lose my balance on the muddy slope and land on my bum. One side of me is muddy, and my phone is not doing too well.

I try to get up; I get upright, take a step or two, and end up in the same position. The dog is not concerned.  She's in the water.

I manage to get up again and turn around this time.  Down again, on my front, to get the other side equally muddy.  Third time is a charm, I suppose.  I get the dog out, she pulls me up the bank (she's very strong), and I wonder how I'm going to get this mud off me.

Thankfully no one was around. However, I learned my lesson.  I despise those "Help.  I've fallen and I can't get up" commercials, mainly because they are played over and over in the rare times I watch TV. (The product did help my mother when she fell--I just don't like the commecials). I had fallen and could barely get up.  I'm sore now.  No more putting myself in danger of falling in an isolated place.

Just took one of those ridiculous quizzes on Facebook--says I should live in London.  I could think of worse, but I'll stay in Georgia, despite muddy creek banks. I've been to London twice and there is enough there to keep anyone engaged for quite a while.

I just came back to this post and noticed I'd titled it "I'm Fallen and I Can't Get Up Three Times."  What a hoot.  I am fallen, and I can't get up without God.

Addendum #2: I have bad headache two days out.  I know it's from this accident.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?