Twitter revisited

I'm pretty sure that when Twitter was created it was not so celebrities could embarrass themselves. 

Although I use Twitter, mostly as an experiment in seeing how many connections I can get (don't like the term "followers;" I'm not starting a cult), I don't see its point.

In fact, to paraphrase the line from Star Wars, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.  You must be cautious.

Second thought of the day:  The nonsense of apology.  If I get in the flesh and mouth off to someone in the moment, an apology is necessary and warranted and the action should, or at least could, be forgiven.  If I script write a blog post in a cool moment, reread it, and then post, angering or offending people, why apologize?  I shouldn't have done it in the first place.  Apologies have become too easy and therefore meaningless.  

So, didn't Samantha Bee have a host of comedy writers who helped with her script and vetted it and said, go with these insults?  So why apologize? It was intentional.  Even more with Roseanne, who is a crazy person and I have no idea why any conservatives thought she was on "our side." 

When I was younger, I was taught the saying that when the church wedded itself to any political movement, the marriage wouldn't last ten years and the church would change, not the politics. I would extend that to political movements marrying themselves to celebrities.  Celebrities by nature are not to be trusted for any type of stability or ideological/philosophical consistency.  Celebrities are celebrities because they appeal to the masses, not because they have thought through anything.

Extended thought of the day:  What is up with this Jordan Peterson obsession?  I've listened, I've read.  Don't get it.  I think it's a guy thing.  He is not a friend of the kingdom, folks.  Someone has called him a gateway drug to the gospel.  I think not. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?