Attention, Ego, Spirituality, and Drugs

This title may seem really odd coming from me, but this article has some interesting things to say.

https://www.brainpickings.org/2018/07/11/how-to-change-your-mind-michael-pollan/

Now, don't worry.  This author's seeming advocacy for psychedelics is perplexing, to say the least. I am more interested in the attention aspects. I was taught since childhood that LSD made one jump off high buildings and hallucinate bizarre identities; I grew up with the story of Art Linklater's daughter's suicide while on LSD.  Taking such things is a huge leap of faith in, well, I don't know!

But his comments on attention, habit, and how we don't really see are vital. I am getting ready to take a long road trip with my husband and I want to see, truly.

A Christian should have an answer to this writer's view that spirituality and experiencing God is just a chemical reaction of the brain that is counterfeited by mushroom "off the road in a state park" in the Northwest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?